List of channels on YouView
YouView is a hybrid television platform in the United Kingdom developed by YouView TV Ltd., a partnership of four broadcasters, the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5; and three telecommunications operators, Arqiva and the BT Group.
YouView provides access to free-to-air digital terrestrial television (DTT) channels from Freeview using an aerial connection, and to TV on demand ("catch-up TV") services using a broadband internet connection. YouView PVR set-top boxes are sold at retail, or built into certain Sony Bravia TV sets, and the service has no contract or subscription. BT uses YouView software for their subscription service BT TV, and provide their own additional offerings to their subscribers through their own branded YouView set-top boxes.
The platform was formed from an ambitious project between the UK's four terrestrial broadcasters that started in 2008, originally titled Project Canvas. The project went through difficulties due to regulatory approvals and fears of it being anti-competitive. After a long delay it finally launched on 4 July 2012
- DTT / Freeview (UK)
- Forthcoming changes to digital platforms (UK & Ireland)
- Master list of digital television channels (UK & Ireland)
- List of channels on YouView on TalkTalk up to 31 July 2022
- List of channels on YouView on PlusNet
- Archive - List of channels - YouView on TalkTalk up to 2 June 2015
- Archive - List of channels - YouView on BT up to 2 June 2015