Talk:List of channels on Sky Q (United Kingdom & Ireland)
Channel logos instead of names
- In regard to this edit
@TattooedLeprechaun: It's annoying that the channel names have been replaced by logos. This means I can no longer search for channels within the page using the find in page function. I much rather have channel names instead of logos (or both). Aetnla (talk) 00:19, 15 December 2021 (UTC)
- I also think this is not a good idea to have just logos particularly if you are partially sighted and even more important for plain text if December using this software.
- I think we need to revert to logo AND plain text so everyone can access this list and others more easily.
- Jimbo2017 • 💬 (🧊⛏️) 18:39, 16 December 2021 (UTC) [Fixed by TattooedLeprechaun • 💬 (🧊⛏️) 19:35, 16 December 2021 (UTC)]
Split channel list into separate lists for UK & Ireland
Please reply with:
* '''Agree''' - (Follow by optional comment) -- ~~~~
* '''Oppose''' - (Follow by optional comment) -- ~~~~
* '''Comment''' - (Follow by comment) -- ~~~~
- Agree - Comment example 1 -- ExampleUser (talk) 00:00, 1 January 2022 (UTC)
- Oppose - Comment example 2 -- ExampleUser (talk) 00:00, 1 January 2022 (UTC)
- Comment - Comment example 3 -- ExampleUser (talk) 00:00, 1 January 2022 (UTC)
- Agree - To keep in line with Sky Glass channel lists that are currently separate articles for UK & Ireland. TattooedLeprechaun • 💬 (🧊⛏️) 22:50, 2 February 2022 (UTC)
- Oppose The Sky Glass Ireland page is a fantasy list and not something on which to base decisions. I will reinstate a joint list if the current joint Sky Q list is removed--Disco (talk) 23:28, 2 February 2022 (UTC)
- Compromise suggestion - @Disco: Understandable. I was considering using collapsible tables to separate the Ent & Docs section to specific regions. I'm just thinking that the page is incredibly long and I would like to shorten it. I feel it desperately needs to be shortened. With the collapsible tables, the information still remains, the overall page is shorter, and a user could expand a section to a specific region as they wish. This could be done for +1 channels, and secondary channels too. What do you think of that idea? I can create it in my Sandbox to help visualise it if you would like. -- TattooedLeprechaun • 💬 (🧊⛏️) 00:17, 3 February 2022 (UTC)
I would need to see it but I think the region column is critical and I don't think having an England list followed by a Wales list followed by a Scotland list etc etc works (we had that before and it was a nightmare both to edit and to read). In any case I think there are much more obvious ways of shortening the page e.g. remove the sports red button section and just add footnotes to relevant channels in sports section; and remove the streaming and catch up tables either to its own page or to the additional info page. Possibly even move the future changes to the 2022 changes page. Overall I wouldn't tinker too much with the existing layout - there have been numerous changes over the years and each time the new page is often just different rather than necessarily better than the one it was replacing. I'd welcome more stability.--Disco (talk) 10:56, 3 February 2022 (UTC)
- @Disco: That's a very fair point. So combine the SkyEPGChanges with List of line-up changes on Sky (UK and Ireland) in 2022. I getcha.
Sky Cinema Best of 2022 logo
If anyone is able to, can they please update the Sky Cinema Best of 2022 logos. I wasn't able to find any online, except from really low-res ones. Thanks JasonTheJester (talk) 13:32, 28 November 2022 (UTC)